Introduction to Group Counseling and Facilitation flyer
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Introduction to Group Counseling and Facilitation- View in Upcoming Events
This 2-day, 12-hour workshop is designed to introduce participants to knowledge and skills essential to the effective facilitation of counseling and education groups in behavioral health, corrections and primary care settings. Participants will learn a framework for facilitating groups, practice key skills, and have opportunities to work on difficult group leadership situations.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- An improved understanding of the group facilitator's role,
- Gained new leadership insights and facilitation skills, and
- Clear ideas for how to improve their group work.
Participants will be introduced to and practice:
- Establishing a structure and climate conducive to productive group work
- Identifying stages of group development
- Facilitating interactions between group members that help a group develop
- Minimizing and resolving conflict in groups
- Using a specific model for giving and receiving feedback
- Intervening strategically in the group process
- Using self-disclosure as a role model and intervention tool